Kid Rock and Lil Wayne had both been announced as performers at this Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, but as it turns out, the two will will perform together. Rock will reportedly play his "All Summer Long" while sharing the stage with Weezy. More details: Depending on which MTV article you read, new addition Christina Aguilera will either be performing a new version of her hit "Genie in a Bottle" or her new track "Keeps Getting Better," the title song of her upcoming Target-only greatest hits album. Aguilera also promises that the VMAs will be the first place to showcase "my new image and my new sound," with Christina making the transition from "vintage glam" to "the future." T.I. also has a duet planned, as he'll hook up with Rihanna on stage to debut a new song from Paper Trail. Slash will also make an appearance as a presenter. And then there's Kanye West. Last year, West stated he'd never return to MTV after being given a less-favorable performance slot at last year's VMAs. This year, West will not only perform from the main stage, he'll close out the entire event with an unspecified — and possibly new — song. As for us, we'll be all over the VMAs this Sunday night, live-blogging the show as you watch at home. Plus, we'll have a special edition of the Smoking Section, video from the red carpet and much more, so keep it at Rock Daily this weekend.
VMA Roundup: Kid Rock, Lil Wayne, Kanye West Perform
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- What Antonin Scalia's Death Means for the Supreme Court and the Country
- Watch Killer Mike Defend Beyonce's 'Formation' on 'Real Time'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs