Click above to watch Manu Chao's new video for "Politik Kills" from his acclaimed '07 disc La Radiolina. Chao, who will be making appearances at the Outside Lands and Austin City Limits festivals in the coming months, will release an EP of "Politik Kills" remixes June 3rd featuring reggae reworkings of that track by Island Records founder Chris Blackwell, as well as Linton Kwesi Johnson and Dennis Bovell (fans can get more info and make their own remixes here). The video was shot in Monrovia, Liberia, by French filmmaker Jean-StÃ©phane Sauvaire in 2004, and stars a child soldier named Christian who fought in the nation's civil war (Christian carried a ghetto blaster around for two days, trailed by Sauvaire and an ex-child soldier named "Hitler, The Killer").
Video Premiere: Manu Chao's "Politik Kills"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust