Click above to watch Manu Chao's new video for "Politik Kills" from his acclaimed '07 disc La Radiolina. Chao, who will be making appearances at the Outside Lands and Austin City Limits festivals in the coming months, will release an EP of "Politik Kills" remixes June 3rd featuring reggae reworkings of that track by Island Records founder Chris Blackwell, as well as Linton Kwesi Johnson and Dennis Bovell (fans can get more info and make their own remixes here). The video was shot in Monrovia, Liberia, by French filmmaker Jean-StÃ©phane Sauvaire in 2004, and stars a child soldier named Christian who fought in the nation's civil war (Christian carried a ghetto blaster around for two days, trailed by Sauvaire and an ex-child soldier named "Hitler, The Killer").
Video Premiere: Manu Chao's "Politik Kills"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Men's Journal10 Things You See in Porn that Don't Happen in Real Life
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- 10 Things We Learned From Carly Simon's Revealing New Memoir
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Twisted Sister Allow Donald Trump to Use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'