In this performance from Rolling Stone's SXSW showcase in Austin, the Meat Puppets tear into three of their best-known songs – "Oh Me," "Plateau" and "Lake of Fire," all of which appeared on both their 1984 album Meat Puppets II as well as Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York – plus "Town" from their latest record Lollipop. After the set, Cris and Curt Kirkwood sat down to talk about the ups and downs of playing in the same band together for three decades.
Video: Meat Puppets Play Old and New Classics at SXSW
The band perform songs from 'Meat Puppets II' and 'Lollipop' at Rolling Stone showcase
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'