In this performance from Rolling Stone's SXSW showcase in Austin, the Meat Puppets tear into three of their best-known songs – "Oh Me," "Plateau" and "Lake of Fire," all of which appeared on both their 1984 album Meat Puppets II as well as Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York – plus "Town" from their latest record Lollipop. After the set, Cris and Curt Kirkwood sat down to talk about the ups and downs of playing in the same band together for three decades.
Video: Meat Puppets Play Old and New Classics at SXSW
The band perform songs from 'Meat Puppets II' and 'Lollipop' at Rolling Stone showcase
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Lil Wayne Sues Cash Money for $51 Million
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Jason Hall: Why I Wrote 'American Sniper'