In this performance from Rolling Stone's SXSW showcase in Austin, the Meat Puppets tear into three of their best-known songs – "Oh Me," "Plateau" and "Lake of Fire," all of which appeared on both their 1984 album Meat Puppets II as well as Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York – plus "Town" from their latest record Lollipop. After the set, Cris and Curt Kirkwood sat down to talk about the ups and downs of playing in the same band together for three decades.
Video: Meat Puppets Play Old and New Classics at SXSW
The band perform songs from 'Meat Puppets II' and 'Lollipop' at Rolling Stone showcase
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Watch System of a Down's First Ever Armenian Show
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set