To celebrate the release of her killer throwback debut of '60s girl-group pop, Welsh singer Duffy performed a short-but-sweet set at New York's fabled Apollo Theatre last night. The twenty-three-year-old, pint-sized blonde proved she was the real deal, showing off a voice that sounds like a soul diva three times her age. Bonus: She's totally not as crazy as Winehouse. "The chances of a girl from Wales making it to this stage are pretty slim," she told the crowd, before launching into her swinging hit "Mercy." Click above for more on Duffy from her visit to the Rolling Stone office, including her early influences and the secrets behind her new album Rockferry.
Video: Duffy Talks Duetting With Legends, New Album "Rockferry"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'