Even though they were seriously considering using a reality show to recruit a new lead singer, Velvet Revolver are foregoing a series and instead preparing to announce a development that will "surprise everybody" in a few weeks. "We're coming out with something in a couple of weeks and I think it's going to surprise everybody," VR drummer Matt Sorum said. Several TV producers pitched the band, including Survivor architect Mark Burnett, who also produced Rock Star: Supernova. "We felt that wasn't the right forum for us to do it, so we got some ideas and we should have that news in a couple weeks," Sorum said. Sorum added that the band still plans on "doing something online" to recruit a new vocalist to fill in for the exiled Scott Weiland, if a new frontman hasn't already been selected.
Velvet Revolver Reject Reality Show Plans, Prepare Announcement
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Prison Proves Being Gay Is a Choice, Says GOP Pres Hopeful Ben Carson
- Tiger Woods: Stranger Than Fiction
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- Justin Bieber Meets 'Worst Nightmare' in New Roast Promo
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- See Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Harmonize the History of Duets