Even though they were seriously considering using a reality show to recruit a new lead singer, Velvet Revolver are foregoing a series and instead preparing to announce a development that will "surprise everybody" in a few weeks. "We're coming out with something in a couple of weeks and I think it's going to surprise everybody," VR drummer Matt Sorum said. Several TV producers pitched the band, including Survivor architect Mark Burnett, who also produced Rock Star: Supernova. "We felt that wasn't the right forum for us to do it, so we got some ideas and we should have that news in a couple weeks," Sorum said. Sorum added that the band still plans on "doing something online" to recruit a new vocalist to fill in for the exiled Scott Weiland, if a new frontman hasn't already been selected.
Velvet Revolver Reject Reality Show Plans, Prepare Announcement
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Appearance at In-Law's Rock Show