This year has been a big one for Britpop nostalgia, marking 20 years since the release of Blur's Parklife and Oasis' Definitely Maybe. The BBC announced today that they'll be celebrating the occasion with a new compilation featuring previously unreleased performances from Blur, Pulp, Suede and other stars of the genre.
Britpop At The BBC is due out on July 14th, NME reports. The set will include one CD filled with unreleased live performances recorded for Radio 1's The Evening Session, leading off with "Girls and Boys" by Blur. The 14-track disc also includes recordings by Manic Street Preachers, Supergrass, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Echobelly and the Charlatans, among others.
The two other discs in the collection feature 44 Britpop singles curated by Evening Session presenters Steve Lemacq and Jo Whiley, with tracks by Oasis, the Verve, Radiohead and many more. "You'll find a whole array of bands; the miscreants and mavericks who made Britpop what it was," Lemacq promises in the compilation's liner notes.
Here's the full track list for the live disc:
1. Blur - "Girls And Boys"
2. Pulp - "Lipgloss"
3. Suede - "Trash"
4. Supergrass - "Late In The Day"
5. Manic Street Preachers - "She Is Suffering"
6. Echobelly - "Atom"
7. Catatonia - "Mulder And Scully"
8. The Charlatans - "One to Another"
9. Auteurs - "Junk Shop Clothes"
10. Gene - "This Is Not My Crime"
11. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - "Desolation Blues"
12. 3 Colours Red - "Beautiful Day"
13. Mansun - "Closed For Business"
14. Ash - "I'm Gonna Fall"