U2 will serve as the musical guest on the season premiere of Saturday Night Live on September 26th, cast member Bill Hader told Access Hollywood. The band's performance will come just two days after the Dublin rockers bring their 360° Tour to two sold-out nights at East Rutherford, New Jersey's Giants Stadium. Jennifer's Body star Megan Fox will handle the hosting duties on the premiere.
U2's upcoming performance on SNL will mark the third time Bono, the Edge, Larry Mullen Jr. and Adam Clayton have played Rockefeller Center's Studio 8H. The No Line on the Horizon band made their SNL debut on a December 9th, 2000 episode hosted by Val Kilmer, then returned when Luke Wilson hosted on November 20th, 2004.
Look back at last season's slate of SNL musical guests — and relive TV on the Radio and the Jonas Brothers' sound problems, if you dare — below:
• Green Day Perform "Breakdown," "Goodnight Saigon" On "SNL"
• Yeah Yeah Yeahs Blaze Through "Zero," "Maps" On "SNL"
• "Saturday Night Live" Debuts Lonely Island "Boss" Video, Make Phoenix Work Overtime
• Kelly Clarkson Shows Off "All I Ever Wanted" Hits on "SNL"
• Ray LaMontagne Brings "Best Thing," "Trouble" To "SNL" Stage
• Jonas Brothers Can't Avoid Wrath of "SNL" Sound, Unfunny Skits
• TV on the Radio Become the Latest Victims of "SNL" Sound Problems
• Fleet Foxes Outshine Comedy With Flawless "SNL" Performance
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
CULTURE 14 Gonzo Masterpieces
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus