In a move sure to have a huge ripple effect in the music industry, worldwide concert promoter LiveNation announced this morning that they have agreed to a twelve year deal with U2. Unlike their contract with Madonna, the U2 deal only includes concert promotion, merchandising and the band's website (U2 album distribution and publishing will still be handled by Universal Music Group, at least for the time being). The contract has not yet officially been signed and no dollar amount was named. Regarding the deal with the concert giant (who have handled most every U2 tour for the past two decades), Bono said "We've been dating for over twenty years now, it's about time we tied the knot."
U2 Signs Deal With LiveNation
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away