In a move sure to have a huge ripple effect in the music industry, worldwide concert promoter LiveNation announced this morning that they have agreed to a twelve year deal with U2. Unlike their contract with Madonna, the U2 deal only includes concert promotion, merchandising and the band's website (U2 album distribution and publishing will still be handled by Universal Music Group, at least for the time being). The contract has not yet officially been signed and no dollar amount was named. Regarding the deal with the concert giant (who have handled most every U2 tour for the past two decades), Bono said "We've been dating for over twenty years now, it's about time we tied the knot."
U2 Signs Deal With LiveNation
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Prison Proves Being Gay Is a Choice, Says GOP Pres Hopeful Ben Carson
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- See Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Harmonize the History of Duets
- Justin Bieber Meets 'Worst Nightmare' in New Roast Promo
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- Tiger Woods: Stranger Than Fiction