U2, Damien Rice and the Swell Season's Glen Hansard will appear in the second installment of the documentary series Music of Ireland —Welcome Home and Welcome to America , which Bono's Elevation Group will present this fall on PBS stations. The Cranberries' Dolores O'Riordan, Sinead O'Connor and the Virgin Prunes' Gavin Friday will join the other artists in giving exclusive performances and interviews. Part one of the series, which aired in February, traced Irish music from the early 1900s up through the mid-'80s. Part two will focus on the impact contemporary Irish music, from rock to Riverdance, on America now. "Irish music has that sadness in it, even at its most peppy," Bono says in the documentary. "It's very moving, that bitter sweetness." You'll be able to buy the Music of Ireland soundtracks and DVDs starting August 31st, only at Barnes & Noble.
U2, Damien Rice Perform in New Irish Music Documentary
The second installment of 'Music of Ireland' focuses on the impact of Irish music on America
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- What Antonin Scalia's Death Means for the Supreme Court and the Country
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs