"Truly Madly Deeply" is one of the earliest songs written by this Australian duo, but if not for a clever rewrite, Savage Garden's biggest worldwide hit may never have seen the light of day. "'Truly Madly Deeply' was originally a slightly different song that Daniel Jones and I had written and recorded on our first-ever demo cassette that we shopped to labels back in 1994," Darren Hayes recalled. "The verses were exactly the same, but I'm rather embarrassed to admit the chorus did not exist." The Australian duo tweaked the song, and it set a record by staying on the Billboard singles chart for 123 weeks.
Truly Madly Deeply
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Behind Hozier's Unlikely Rise
- The Super Bowl Scammer: Dion Rich Is the Godfather of Gatecrashing