"Truly Madly Deeply" is one of the earliest songs written by this Australian duo, but if not for a clever rewrite, Savage Garden's biggest worldwide hit may never have seen the light of day. "'Truly Madly Deeply' was originally a slightly different song that Daniel Jones and I had written and recorded on our first-ever demo cassette that we shopped to labels back in 1994," Darren Hayes recalled. "The verses were exactly the same, but I'm rather embarrassed to admit the chorus did not exist." The Australian duo tweaked the song, and it set a record by staying on the Billboard singles chart for 123 weeks.
Truly Madly Deeply
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Jimmy Fallon Lists Pros and Cons of Watching 'Empire'
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'