Nine Inch Nail mastermind Trent Reznor gets as giddy as a goth can get when discussing the upcoming April release of his new album reportedly called Year Zero. "With Teeth was me kind of wondering if I could still even do this," he said in a revealing recent interview. "I've got my confidence back. I feel stronger about what I have to say as an artist and I feel a lot less concerned about what people think about it — my best work's ahead of me." After tiring of patting his own back, Reznor went on to pontificate on another of his recent epiphanies: "Emo screamo!" he ranted in an oddly Dr. Seussian style. "If I happen to accidentally turn the radio on, I literally can't tell the difference between one of 20 bands," said a clearly exasperated icon. "Either I'm getting old, which is a fact, or I'm turning into my dad! I wonder about the person that's in a band, the young kid who just got signed or is trying to get signed - why is he doing it? Is he trying to change the world and do something different and express himself — or is it because they want to fuck Paris Hilton and be photographed outside trendy restaurants?" Either option sounds artistically fulfilling. Which do you think is the reality?
Trent Reznor Announces His Best Is Ahead, Slams Emo
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Andrew Luck: The Natural
- Tom Brady Is Free, and Roger Goodell Is Screwed