Even though elaborate measures are being taken so that scalpers can't resell tickets to Tom Waits' "Glitter & Doom" tour, Waits himself has held five pairs of premium tickets to four of his upcoming concerts so that he can scalp the tickets for charity. The auction to purchase these tickets begins tomorrow at Ticketmaster, with tickets for the Phoenix show going to the highest bidder by this Friday, while bidders have until next Thursday, June 19, to win the tickets to the Houston, Columbus or Atlanta shows. "Some folks prefer to pay more, you get a good seat, a good tax write off and a good feeling for helping for your needy neighbors," says Waits. "It's scalping for charity." The money raised from the tickets will benefit five different California charities.
Tom Waits Scalps Tickets to His Own Tour (For Charity)
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Bill Wyman Returns Solo After 33 Years: 'I Thought, What the Hell'
- Inside U2's 'Innocence' Spectacle: A Backstage Q&A With Bono and Edge
- Thanks Dave: The Genius of Letterman's 'Late Show' Goodbye
- Flashback: See Dolly Parton's Heavenly Collaboration on 'Sweetest Gift'
- Jack White's Tidal Claims: Fact vs. Fiction
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time