Even though elaborate measures are being taken so that scalpers can't resell tickets to Tom Waits' "Glitter & Doom" tour, Waits himself has held five pairs of premium tickets to four of his upcoming concerts so that he can scalp the tickets for charity. The auction to purchase these tickets begins tomorrow at Ticketmaster, with tickets for the Phoenix show going to the highest bidder by this Friday, while bidders have until next Thursday, June 19, to win the tickets to the Houston, Columbus or Atlanta shows. "Some folks prefer to pay more, you get a good seat, a good tax write off and a good feeling for helping for your needy neighbors," says Waits. "It's scalping for charity." The money raised from the tickets will benefit five different California charities.
Tom Waits Scalps Tickets to His Own Tour (For Charity)
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'
- Jimmy Page on 'Coda,' Led Zep's Indian Sojourn and His Next Big Project