Even though elaborate measures are being taken so that scalpers can't resell tickets to Tom Waits' "Glitter & Doom" tour, Waits himself has held five pairs of premium tickets to four of his upcoming concerts so that he can scalp the tickets for charity. The auction to purchase these tickets begins tomorrow at Ticketmaster, with tickets for the Phoenix show going to the highest bidder by this Friday, while bidders have until next Thursday, June 19, to win the tickets to the Houston, Columbus or Atlanta shows. "Some folks prefer to pay more, you get a good seat, a good tax write off and a good feeling for helping for your needy neighbors," says Waits. "It's scalping for charity." The money raised from the tickets will benefit five different California charities.
Tom Waits Scalps Tickets to His Own Tour (For Charity)
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three