Even though elaborate measures are being taken so that scalpers can't resell tickets to Tom Waits' "Glitter & Doom" tour, Waits himself has held five pairs of premium tickets to four of his upcoming concerts so that he can scalp the tickets for charity. The auction to purchase these tickets begins tomorrow at Ticketmaster, with tickets for the Phoenix show going to the highest bidder by this Friday, while bidders have until next Thursday, June 19, to win the tickets to the Houston, Columbus or Atlanta shows. "Some folks prefer to pay more, you get a good seat, a good tax write off and a good feeling for helping for your needy neighbors," says Waits. "It's scalping for charity." The money raised from the tickets will benefit five different California charities.
Tom Waits Scalps Tickets to His Own Tour (For Charity)
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Beyonce Fans Attack Kid Rock Online After Derogatory Comments
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- See Keith Urban's Unexpected Take on 'Somebody Like You' at Intimate Nashville Show
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'
- Harrison Ford Confirmed for 'Blade Runner' Sequel