Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello has announced plans to perform at the Occupy Wall Street protest at noon tomorrow in Manhattan. Morello, who has previously performed at the Occupy Los Angeles rally, will play a solo set as the Nightwatchman.
"The Nightwatchman will Occupy Wall Street tomorrow at noon, adding one more voice to the growing chorus of millions demanding economic justice at home and around the globe," Morello tells Rolling Stone. "And I'll be playing some songs. Likely in the rain."
Morello will be the third major act to perform at the protest. Neutral Milk Hotel's Jeff Mangum and rapper Talib Kweli have recently played impromptu sets at the protest site. Earlier this week, Kanye West visited the scene, but did not perform.
• Jeff Mangum Plays Occupy Wall Street
• Talib Kweli at Occupy Wall Street: 'We Have to Grow'
• Photos: Occupy Wall Street
• Deer Tick Rock to Raise Awareness for 'Occupy Wall Street'
• What Occupy Wall Street Is Really About
• 'Occupy Wall Street': Drawing the Battle Lines
• Taibbi on the 'Occupy Wall Street' Protests
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus