“Toe Jam” was the debut single for Brighton Port Authority, which was a collaboration between David Byrne and Dizzee Rascal. Producer Norman Cooke, a.k.a. Fatboy Slim, said that while the ex-Talking Heads frontman and the London-based rapper were listed as co-writers on the tune, they never worked on it together. “[Byrne and I] finished it and Dizzee heard it,” he told Rolling Stone. “I bumped into him at a photo session and he went, ‘I wanna be on that record. It's gonna be a hit and I wanna be on it. Find me 16 bars and put me on it.’ So we kind of glued him onto it."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Watch Eminem, Yelawolf Praise Spiritual 'Best Friend' in New Video