In the five years since his last studio album, Kaleidoscope, Tiësto has released three volumes of Club Life mixes and played countless festivals and clubs while the scope of dance music continued to grow before him. "The big dance music explosion was just about to happen, so the ideas and sounds on there come from what seems like a different time and place," the DJ tells Rolling Stone of his previous LP. "So much has happened for dance music in such a short amount of time so it now seems like the perfect time for me to revisit the idea of an artist album." The DJ/producer is set to release his new album A Town Called Paradise June 16th via Casablanca Records.
Answering questions over e-mail, Tiësto explained that the album's title and sound were both influenced by Las Vegas, the city where he holds residencies at both Hakkasan and Wet Republic. "When I really look at it, it’s like this oasis of entertainment right in the middle of the desert, so to me, 'A Town Called Paradise' is a good way to describe Las Vegas," he explains. "It’s been a very special place to me and has influenced the creation of this album."
Below, find both the full track list, which includes features from artists such as Icona Pop, Krewella and Hardwell, and the exclusive music video for "Wasted," the album's Matthew Koma–featuring second single.
1. "Red Lights"
2. "Footprints" (feat. Cruickshank)
3. "Light Years Away" (feat. DBX)
4. "A Town Called Paradise" (feat. Zac Barnett from American Authors)
5. "Written In Reverse" (feat. Matthew Koma) (with Hardwell)
6. "Echoes" (feat. Andreas Moe)
7. "Last Train" (feat. Ladyhawke) (with Firebeatz)
8. "Wasted" (feat. Matthew Koma)
9. "Let’s Go" (feat. Icona Pop)
10. "The Feeling" (feat. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool)
11. "Shimmer" (feat. Christian Burns)
12. "Rocky" (with Kaaze)
13. "Close to Me" (feat. Quilla) (with Sultan & Shepard)
14. "Set Yourself Free" (feat. Krewella)