Odd Future's crooner spun himself off from that collective by releasing a mixtape, working with Kanye West and writing tracks for a few big names. "Thinkin Bout You," which has Ocean hoping a girl from his past still keeps him in mind, was originally intended for R&B singer Bridget Kelly. But Ocean's demo version was leaked, a music video followed, and then the song became the lead single from his debut album. Kelly still recorded it, and she talked about all the confusion. "I think the unfortunate thing is that everyone [saw] it as Frank's record so when mine came out, it was kinda like, wait a minute, she's covering Frank Ocean's song," she said. "And it was like, not really. Your boy actually demoed my song."
Thinkin Bout You
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere