The National's contribution to the soundtrack of the Paul Giamatti indie film Win Win was their first foray into composing music for the cinema. Matt Berninger saw the movie and came up with the lyrics with his wife. "Watching [Win Win] helped inspire the way the song was written," the National songwriter and lead singer said. "I mean, it isn't at all narrative to what happens in the movie -- we don't mention Paul Giamatti by name or anything ... It's about very normal and good people trying to do their best and the struggle to be good."
Think You Can Wait
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Men's JournalThe Controversial True Story Behind 'American Sniper'
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Mic12 Stunning Photos Offer a Rare Look Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'
- Marijuana Officially Legal in Washington, D.C. (For Now)
- Watch Christina Aguilera Imitate Britney Spears, Shakira on ‘Jimmy Fallon’
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- Aerosmith Talk 45 Years of 'Kicking Ass' Onstage