The National's contribution to the soundtrack of the Paul Giamatti indie film Win Win was their first foray into composing music for the cinema. Matt Berninger saw the movie and came up with the lyrics with his wife. "Watching [Win Win] helped inspire the way the song was written," the National songwriter and lead singer said. "I mean, it isn't at all narrative to what happens in the movie -- we don't mention Paul Giamatti by name or anything ... It's about very normal and good people trying to do their best and the struggle to be good."
Think You Can Wait
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- 'The Voice' Finalists and Coaches Applaud Show's Country Connections
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- Hear Randy Houser's Supercharged New Single 'We Went'