The Kills visited Conan last night to play "Satellite," a reggae-tinged number from their latest album Blood Pressures. The band nearly always perform as a duo, but for this performance, they were backed up by three back up singers, who added depth to the song's wordless chorus. Even still, the main attraction is the tension between Alison Mosshart's soulful vocals and Jamie Hince's super-distorted guitar, which in this song sounds like a blues riff that has gone through a dozen generations of digital degradation.
The Kills Expand to Quintet to Play 'Satellite' on 'Conan'
The band perform a highlight from their latest album 'Blood Pressures'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- Queen's 'Innuendo': Remembering Freddie Mercury's Last Masterpiece
- 25 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- 25 Best Coen Brother Characters
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote