The Eagles, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and former Idols Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler were among those nominated for Country Music Association Awards today. Kenny Chesney led all finalists with seven noms, while Sugarland and George Strait each earned five nominations. The Eagles made the shortlist in the Vocal Group category, marking the first time since 1977 that the band picked up a CMA nomination in that category (they lost to the Statler Brothers). Alison Krauss has already won six CMA awards, but her Raising Sand cohort Robert Plant received his first nomination, as the duo was nominated for Musical Event. Krauss, Underwood and Taylor Swift will face off in the heated Female Vocalist category, while Pickler is up for the New Artist award.
The Eagles, Kenny Chesney Lead Country Music Award Nominations
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'Daily Show' Hire Trevor Noah Under Fire for Tweets Offending Jews, Women