Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Charged With Third-Degree Murder
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Lana Del Rey: Vamp of Constant Sorrow
- Read Kanye West's Blunt, Poignant VMA Video Vanguard Award Speech
- MTV VMAs 2015's 20 Best and Worst Moments
- Keith Richards Talks First Solo LP in 23 Years: 'Time Flies!'
- Watch Nicki Minaj Blast Miley Cyrus During VMA Acceptance Speech