Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- Robin Williams' Children, Widow Settle Bitter Estate Feud