Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 50 Best Albums of 2015
- Watch the Killers, Santa Let Loose in 'Dirt Sledding' Christmas Video
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- Hear Moody New Song by Dillinger Escape Plan Singer's Electronic Band
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele