Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- Suge Knight Arrested for Murder After Hit-and-Run
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' After 31-Year Absence
- Hear Kanye West, Drake and Big Sean Team Up for 'Blessings'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Marshawn Lynch Teaches Conan O'Brien His Crotch-Grabbing Technique