Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Derek Zoolander Can't Grasp Movie Title in Hilarious 'Zoolander 2' Teaser
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Paul McCartney Perform 'Get Back' With Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard