Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- Melissa McCarthy on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See