Following the success of two weeks of the Beatles' music on American Idol, the Fab Four's catalog may be branching out again: Reps for the band are reportedly talking to both Activision and MTV Games about possibly releasing a Guitar Hero or Rock Band based around Beatles' tunes. According to a source close to the negotiations, the final deal could be worth millions, but first must get the approval of both Apple Corps. and EMI. Apple Corps' tight grip on the Beatles catalog has loosened since Jeff Jones became the company's chief executive, as evidenced by the band's music appearing in American Idol, Cirque du Soleil Love show and the film Across the Universe. "To my view, it's only a matter of time before we see Beatles songs that are the original recordings in motion pictures, in television work, and yes, maybe even one day in a commercial," said Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier, who holds more than 200 Beatles copyrights. Whichever video game company wins the battle to release a Beatles-themed game, a source says a deal "could be reached in a matter of weeks."
The Beatles Reportedly Heading to "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- See Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Harmonize the History of Duets
- What Is Meow Meow, the Drug That Made a Teen Cut Off His Genitals?
- 'WWE Raw': Jon Stewart Delivers Jersey Justice
- Flashback: Neil Young Emerges as the 'Godfather of Grunge' in 1991
- Kelly Clarkson Talks 'Since U Been Gone,' Going Country and Upbeat New LP
- 'American Sniper' Trial: Chris Kyle's Killer Found Guilty of Murder
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?