On their upcoming second album, The Temper Trap, Australian band The Temper Trap look to build on the grandiose sound and success of their previous album, Conditions, and the breakout hit "Sweet Disposition." Kicking off with the first single "Need Your Love," The Temper Trap set the tone for the record with bombastic synths, barreling drums and piercing guitars. "Trembling Hands" starts with sparse piano chords before erupting into a falsetto battle against loneliness, while later cut "Where Do We Go from Here" takes a steady 4x4 beat and playful synth licks straight to the dance floor. With new fifth member Joseph Greer on keyboards and guitar, The Temper Trap have added another dramatic layer to an already emotionally triumphant sound. The Temper Trap is out June 5th in the U.S. on Glassnote/Columbia.
The Temper Trap, 'The Temper Trap'
Australian group's second album builds on breakout success
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Feel Bad for Cam Newton, Even If You Hate Him
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote