Call it The Decline of Western Civilization IV: Blake Peebles, a teenager in North Carolina, recently dropped out of high school to pursue his dream of playing music. While this sounds like an everyday occurrence, there is a catch: Peebles dropped out so he can concentrate on playing Guitar Hero with hopes of becoming good enough at hitting colored plastic buttons to play in the surprisingly-lucrative world of competitive gaming. Peebles has already won a few Hero tournaments, but so far his winnings include gift certificates, gaming equipment and 52 Chick-fil-A meals. For what it's worth, Peebles was doing poorly to begin with in school, and his parents have since hired him a private tutor. If Peebles lives up to his high-flying Guitar Hero dreams, he could earn up to $80,000 a year on the competitive circuit, though groupies should be slightly harder to come by.
Teen Drops Out of High School To Become Professional "Guitar Hero"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Open Mike Night
- Watch Bob Dylan Navigate a Bloody Love Triangle in New Video
- Watch Halestorm Rebel Against Day Jobs in Raucous 'Amen' Video