Sheryl Crow, Nelly and 3 Doors Down are among the artists that have recorded exclusive tracks for the upcoming AT&T Team USA Soundtrack, a collection of songs that hope to motivate American Olympians at this year's Games in Beijing. Also contributing songs are Colbie Caillat, Kate Voegele and Army of Me. All proceeds from the soundtrack will benefit Team USA. "It's my job as an artist to encourage others through music, and I'm honored to work to support Team USA through this soundtrack," Sheryl Crow said. Swimmer Michael Phelps, who won eight medals at the last Olympics in Athens and will just qualified for eight events for this summer's competition, said "I know this soundtrack is something we will all be able to enjoy while we're in Beijing and will help motivate us to compete at our very best." As it's sponsored through AT&T, customers of that phone service will have first dibs on ringtones of these songs. The songs themselves will be available for download throughout the Games, from August 8-24.
Team USA Gets Soundtracked by Sheryl Crow, Nelly
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- The Ten Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Watch Kristen Wiig's Awkward Peyton Manning Impersonation on 'Fallon'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'