T.I., who was on house arrest while awaiting sentencing for felony gun charges, is finally out and about. "In some ways, I miss the house," he said last week when he stopped by the Rolling Stone office in New York. In between speaking engagements at schools to fulfill his 1,000 hours of court-ordered community service, Tip played some cuts from his forthcoming album Paper Trail. The defiant, gospel-flecked street single "No Matter What" leaked last week, but Tip says the real single, the Danja-produced "What's Up, What's Happening" will be out in a couple weeks. It's a bass-heavy club track full of shout-outs to haters who thought the MC's legal troubles would sideline him. On "Collect Call," he raps about all the fair-weather friends who disappear when things get hot over an R&B groove. "Let My Beat Pound" is a bass-heavy trunk-rattler produced by J.R. Rotem with a robotozed hook that's meant to intimidate others on the road: "My trunk sounds like a midget trying to get up out of there," he drawls. "You Ain't Missing Nothing" is a dubious message to those in prison: With jazzy, soul sample, Tip promises "The time will do itself, all you gotta do is show up." On "Sitting on Top of the World," which features a hook by B.O.B., the MC reflects on his path to rap fame. And on "I'm Illin" he claims to be "the hottest nigga since Tupac." Of course, after promoting the album, which comes out August 12, Tip will still have to serve a year in jail. "It's a bitter pill to swallow," he says. "But I've got a lot of water."
T.I. Talks Going to Jail, Previews Tracks From New Album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
SalonHere Is the Average Penis Length According to Science
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cinema BlendThe Top 10 Steamiest Movie Sex Scenes of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
- Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A Pathological Liar
- Hall and Oates Suing Granola Company Over 'Haulin' Oats'
- After Netanyahu Speech, Congress Is Officially High School
- Jimmy Fallon Challenges Mullet-Wearing Hugh Jackman to 'Musical Beers'
- McDonald's Responds to Indie-Pop Duo's Viral Complaint
- Grateful Dead Members, More Booked for Jerry Garcia Tribute Show
- Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent Reveal Shady History in New Doc
- Jack White Secretly Bought Elvis Presley's First Recording, Plans Reissue