Stone Temple Pilots' first album in nine years will be released on May 25th, the reunited rockers announced today on their official Website. The album, which debuted this week at a listening party at New York's Rose Bar, will boast 12 tracks and a pretty unforgettable title: Stone Temple Pilots. As Rolling Stone previously reported, STP canceled their final concerts of 2009 in order to finish the Don Was-produced LP, their first since 2001's Shangri-La Dee Da. Check out photos of Scott Weiland onstage and backstage in Austin. In our Spring Album Preview in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone (on sale Wednesday, March 3rd), we take a closer look at Stone Temple Pilots, on which Scott Weiland's lyrics touch on his divorce and his brother's death and guitarist Dean DeLeo lays down psychedelic and heavy blues riffs. "Dean really stepped up. His playing is amazing," Weiland tells RS. The album includes gospel-rocking closer "Maver" and the Seventies-tinged "Huckleberry Crumble." You can check out the entire Stone Temple Pilots track list below. With the arrival of the new album comes a new Stone Temple Pilots tour, and Weiland and company will kick off the festivities with a showcase at this year's SXSW Festival. Full dates after the jump. Stone Temple Pilots
1. "Between The Lines"
2. "Take A Load Off"
3. "Huckleberry Crumble"
4. "Hickory Dichotomy"
5. "Dare If You Dare"
7. "Hazy Daze"
10. "Fast As I Can"
11. "First Kiss On Mars"
Mar. 18 - Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall - SXSW
Mar. 19 - Bossier City, LA @ Horseshoe Casino
Mar. 20 - Thackerville, OK @ WinStar Casino
Mar. 22 - Kansas City, MO @ Midland Theatre
Mar. 24 - Sioux City, IA @ Tyson Events Centre
Mar. 26 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
Mar. 27 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
Mar. 30 - Louisville, KY @ Palace Theater
Mar. 31 - Detroit, MI @ Fillmore
May 23 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
• Stone Temple Pilots "Almost Finished" With New Album
• Stone Temple Pilots Postpone Tour Dates to Finish New Album
• Scott Weiland and Stone Temple Pilots Plot New Album for 2010
Stone Temple Pilots' Self-Titled Album Out May 25th
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily BeastThe Hottest Movies at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MicWhy The Grammys Will Never Represent Real Music
MicThe Best Hip-Hop of 2014 Came From A Very Unlikely Place
Men's Journal10 Health Benefits of Being in a Relationship
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Divides Hollywood
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Michael Moore Responds to 'Haters' After 'American Sniper' Uproar
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Watch Blake Shelton Bring 'Red Red Redneck' Music to 'Saturday Night Live'
- Blake Shelton on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Nye: Bill Belichick Deflategate Defense 'Doesn't Make Sense at All'
- Xmas or Bust: The Untold Story of 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'