A Wim Wenders film and a rapper inspired the Dirty Projectors duo David Longstreth and Amber Coffmanto write "sort of a love song." "We rented the movie Wings of Desire from Dave's brother's recommendation, and he had me go through it and just write down some things that I found interesting, and they made it into the song," Coffman said. As for the hip-hop connection, Longstreth explained, "The beat is based on T-Pain. We commissioned a radio mix of the song by the guy who mixes all of Timbaland's records, but the mix we made sounded way better, so we didn't use it."
Stillness Is the Move
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams