A Wim Wenders film and a rapper inspired the Dirty Projectors duo David Longstreth and Amber Coffmanto write "sort of a love song." "We rented the movie Wings of Desire from Dave's brother's recommendation, and he had me go through it and just write down some things that I found interesting, and they made it into the song," Coffman said. As for the hip-hop connection, Longstreth explained, "The beat is based on T-Pain. We commissioned a radio mix of the song by the guy who mixes all of Timbaland's records, but the mix we made sounded way better, so we didn't use it."
Stillness Is the Move
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles