While living across the street from Ethan Hawke, Lisa Loeb became friends with the actor, who frequently attended Loeb's shows. During filming for Reality Bites, Hawke thought this cute-sounding song — written while Loeb was going through a breakup — would make a nice addition to the soundtrack. The film didn't fare so well, but the single became a surprise chartbuster for Loeb, who didn't even have a record deal at the time. "It was a shock," Loeb said. "I mean, it's always a dream come true to have success, to not worry about having a job and just be a musician."
Stay (I Missed You)
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Suge Knight Sought by Police in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge