Maya Arulpragasam, a.k.a. M.I.A., is best known for her clanking beats and unusual samples, but she and dubstep producer-DJ Rusko went a different sonic direction on this dreamy piece of head music. According to M.I.A.'s publicist, "The song and video were made Monday night for $100," and it was quickly released via Twitter. Here the singer continues her ongoing feud with the New York Times, decrying the fact that they short-listed her native Sri Lanka as a top place to visit in 2010, even though people there where being shot. The song subsequently appeared on Maya.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Metallica's 'The Night Before' Pre-Super Bowl Concert Live
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce's Colorful 'Hymn for the Weekend' Video
- Will 'Waves' Be Kanye West's First Disappointing Album?
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover David Bowie at Bernie Sanders Fundraiser