The Space Jam soundtrack slam-dunked its way to the top of the Recording Industry Association of America's league as the best-selling album of the year to date with more than 4 million copies sold. Space Jam, which passed the quadruple-platinum mark last month, also contains R. Kelly's platinum single "I Believe I Can Fly" and Monica's gold single "For You I Will." The soundtrack was one of 123 releases to go multiplatinum in the first half of 1997, down from 140 during the same period last year. Platinum album certifications, on the other hand, were up by 20 to 93 overall.
Space Jam Soundtrack Goes Quadruple-Platinum
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video