Wanting to appeal to both sexes, the Killers wrote the androgynous lyric "You had a boyfriend/Who looked like a girlfriend." "This is the story of trying to meet someone in a club," Brandon Flowers said about the debut single from the Las Vegas band's first album, Hot Fuss. For the Killers' follow-up full-length, Sam's Town, Flowers consciously shifted to creating more compelling material. "There are people who want us to write 'Somebody Told Me' again, and we just don't want that," the band's frontman told Rolling Stone. "There's always a place for fun songs, but then there are the songs that give people chills. I like those more."
Somebody Told Me
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Watch Conan O'Brien Join Salsa Band During Cuba Visit
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- a-ha, "Take on Me"