Wanting to appeal to both sexes, the Killers wrote the androgynous lyric "You had a boyfriend/Who looked like a girlfriend." "This is the story of trying to meet someone in a club," Brandon Flowers said about the debut single from the Las Vegas band's first album, Hot Fuss. For the Killers' follow-up full-length, Sam's Town, Flowers consciously shifted to creating more compelling material. "There are people who want us to write 'Somebody Told Me' again, and we just don't want that," the band's frontman told Rolling Stone. "There's always a place for fun songs, but then there are the songs that give people chills. I like those more."
Somebody Told Me
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- The Liberation of Sam Smith: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- Sly Stone Awarded $5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
- Jason Hall: Why I Wrote 'American Sniper'