After months of speculation and despite internal turmoil over the nature of these deals, concert promotion company Live Nation has signed Shakira to a 10-year contract worth an estimated $70 to $100 million. Shakira joins the likes of Madonna and Jay-Z as superstars who have come to terms with the concert giant for full-scale deals that include touring, album releases and merchandising opportunities (though the specific terms of the Shakira deal were not disclosed). The Colombian star still owes three albums to her old label, Epic, but her the touring aspect of her Live Nation deal will take effect immediately.
Shakira Leaves Epic, Signs Massive Live Nation Deal
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Watch the Tanner Family Reunite in First 'Fuller House' Trailer
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy