Forget about the "hair of the dog." Florence Welch has a way better cure for your hangover in this track she wrote while looking for a remedy for the night before. As she said when the song premiered last year, "I wanted to just shake something out, shake out these regrets, shake out these things that haunt you. It was one of those songs that came in about half an hour and when you've got a hangover, it is almost like a hangover cure." It's also been a major step forward for her career. "Florence Welch continues her superhero morph from arty rocker to pop diva with this mighty single," Rolling Stone wrote of "Shake It Out."
Shake It Out
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Screen Rant5 Movies That Killed Actors’ Careers
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Watch Tom Cruise Channel Meat Loaf, the Weeknd in 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- In the Age of Trump, Will Democrats Sell Out More, Or Less?
- Puscifer Announce New Album, Premiere Epic 'Grand Canyon' Song and Video
- Kim Kardashian: American Woman
- Ta-Nehisi Coates on Race, Hip-Hop and Being Praised by Toni Morrison
- 'Kids': The Oral History of the Most Controversial Film of the Nineties
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time