System of a Down's Serj Tankian is collaborating on Prometheus Bound, a new rock-based musical from Spring Awakening lyricist and book writer Steven Sater. Tankian hinted at the collaboration to Rock Daily back in August. The musical is now in the workshop phase at Cambridge's American Repertory Theatre, with a full production planned for the 2009-10 season. Based on the Greek myth of Prometheus, Gossip Girl's Patrick Heusinger has been cast as the mortal who steals fire from the Gods. "I stayed very faithful to the ancient Greek text," Sater said. "Of course, we're transforming it and it's going to have an underlying concept for the show. But we just opened it up with music. The chorus, what they sing is so ethereal and beautiful and melodic, and it's set against wailing rock anthems that come from Prometheus and Oceanus and the other characters." The score will comprise of 12 songs.
Serj Tankian At Work On New Rock Musical, "Prometheus Bound"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Read Previously Unknown George Harrison Letter From 1966
- Art Garfunkel Lashes Out at Paul Simon in New Interview
- Rolling Stones Kick Off 'Zip Code' Tour With Rock-Solid San Diego Show
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Secret Oral-History Project
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Bradley Nowell: Life After Death
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Flashback: 'Batman' Battles 'Gilligan's Island' on 'Family Feud'