System of a Down's Serj Tankian is collaborating on Prometheus Bound, a new rock-based musical from Spring Awakening lyricist and book writer Steven Sater. Tankian hinted at the collaboration to Rock Daily back in August. The musical is now in the workshop phase at Cambridge's American Repertory Theatre, with a full production planned for the 2009-10 season. Based on the Greek myth of Prometheus, Gossip Girl's Patrick Heusinger has been cast as the mortal who steals fire from the Gods. "I stayed very faithful to the ancient Greek text," Sater said. "Of course, we're transforming it and it's going to have an underlying concept for the show. But we just opened it up with music. The chorus, what they sing is so ethereal and beautiful and melodic, and it's set against wailing rock anthems that come from Prometheus and Oceanus and the other characters." The score will comprise of 12 songs.
Serj Tankian At Work On New Rock Musical, "Prometheus Bound"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6: Everything We Learned
- BET Awards 2016: 20 Best and Worst Moments
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Justin Timberlake Apologizes for BET Awards Tweet Controversy
- Fillmore East: 15 Great Shows
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- Watch John Oliver's Hilarious, Shocking Olympic Doping Report