System of a Down's Serj Tankian is collaborating on Prometheus Bound, a new rock-based musical from Spring Awakening lyricist and book writer Steven Sater. Tankian hinted at the collaboration to Rock Daily back in August. The musical is now in the workshop phase at Cambridge's American Repertory Theatre, with a full production planned for the 2009-10 season. Based on the Greek myth of Prometheus, Gossip Girl's Patrick Heusinger has been cast as the mortal who steals fire from the Gods. "I stayed very faithful to the ancient Greek text," Sater said. "Of course, we're transforming it and it's going to have an underlying concept for the show. But we just opened it up with music. The chorus, what they sing is so ethereal and beautiful and melodic, and it's set against wailing rock anthems that come from Prometheus and Oceanus and the other characters." The score will comprise of 12 songs.
Serj Tankian At Work On New Rock Musical, "Prometheus Bound"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- James Bond Haunted by Ghosts of His Past in 'Spectre' Teaser
- The Children of ISIS
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- Watch Kenny Chesney Duet With Taylor Swift, Joe Walsh at Tour Opener
- George Carlin's Website Relaunched With Rare Recordings
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Watch George Lucas Mock Fox News on 'The Daily Show'