System of a Down's Serj Tankian is collaborating on Prometheus Bound, a new rock-based musical from Spring Awakening lyricist and book writer Steven Sater. Tankian hinted at the collaboration to Rock Daily back in August. The musical is now in the workshop phase at Cambridge's American Repertory Theatre, with a full production planned for the 2009-10 season. Based on the Greek myth of Prometheus, Gossip Girl's Patrick Heusinger has been cast as the mortal who steals fire from the Gods. "I stayed very faithful to the ancient Greek text," Sater said. "Of course, we're transforming it and it's going to have an underlying concept for the show. But we just opened it up with music. The chorus, what they sing is so ethereal and beautiful and melodic, and it's set against wailing rock anthems that come from Prometheus and Oceanus and the other characters." The score will comprise of 12 songs.
Serj Tankian At Work On New Rock Musical, "Prometheus Bound"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Skate and Destroy
- Grooveshark Shuts Down After Eight Years
- Watch Metallica Perform the National Anthem at San Francisco Giants Game
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Preview the David Letterman Primetime Farewell Special
- First 'Dragon Ball' Anime in 18 Years to Premiere in July