the famed auteur has left the project. The doc will still be made, however, with Stop Making Sense director Jonathan Demme at the helm. The film is due out February 6th, 2010, which would have been Marley's sixty-fifth birthday. Scorsese left the Marley doc because of "scheduling reasons," as the Goodfellas director also has a George Harrison documentary, a supposed Frank Sinatra biopic and lots of other projects in the works. Demme is no stranger to the music genre, though, as he directed the aforementioned Talking Heads flick as well as Neil Young: Heart of Gold and the upcoming Robyn Hitchcock doc Storefront Hitchcock. As previously reported, a biopic based on a book by Bob Marley's widow is also in the works.
Scorsese Exits Bob Marley Documentary, Demme Enters
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'True Detective' Recap: Burning Down the House
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery