the famed auteur has left the project. The doc will still be made, however, with Stop Making Sense director Jonathan Demme at the helm. The film is due out February 6th, 2010, which would have been Marley's sixty-fifth birthday. Scorsese left the Marley doc because of "scheduling reasons," as the Goodfellas director also has a George Harrison documentary, a supposed Frank Sinatra biopic and lots of other projects in the works. Demme is no stranger to the music genre, though, as he directed the aforementioned Talking Heads flick as well as Neil Young: Heart of Gold and the upcoming Robyn Hitchcock doc Storefront Hitchcock. As previously reported, a biopic based on a book by Bob Marley's widow is also in the works.
Scorsese Exits Bob Marley Documentary, Demme Enters
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles