the famed auteur has left the project. The doc will still be made, however, with Stop Making Sense director Jonathan Demme at the helm. The film is due out February 6th, 2010, which would have been Marley's sixty-fifth birthday. Scorsese left the Marley doc because of "scheduling reasons," as the Goodfellas director also has a George Harrison documentary, a supposed Frank Sinatra biopic and lots of other projects in the works. Demme is no stranger to the music genre, though, as he directed the aforementioned Talking Heads flick as well as Neil Young: Heart of Gold and the upcoming Robyn Hitchcock doc Storefront Hitchcock. As previously reported, a biopic based on a book by Bob Marley's widow is also in the works.
Scorsese Exits Bob Marley Documentary, Demme Enters
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- The White Devil Kingpin
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Faith No More Unmask Pulverizing New Track 'Superhero'
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock