Santogold, Lil Wayne and Paramore are among the campus favorites nominated this year for mtvU Woodie Awards. The trio will battle it out against Tokyo Police Club and MGMT for Woodie of the Year, given to the artist that made the biggest splash on the college music scene. Fan voting will determine the winners, with the ceremony to be held at NYC's Roseland Ballroom on November 12th. Other nominees include Gnarls Barkley's "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" and Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" competing for the Best Video Woodie, while the Good Woodie award for charitable contribution features a battle between Eddie Vedder, Mary J. Blige and Ludacris. Kanye West, N.E.R.D. and the Ting Tings will duke it out for the Performing Woodie. Former Woodie winners include Fall Out Boy, the Killers, Gym Class Heroes and Death Cab For Cutie.
Santogold, Lil Wayne, Paramore Score Woodie Nominations
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Watch John Oliver Slam Fashion Industry's Child Labor Practices
- The Force Awakens: 'Star Wars' Superfan Chris Conley Goes to the NFL Draft
- Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Honor Folk Great Lead Belly