Santogold, Lil Wayne and Paramore are among the campus favorites nominated this year for mtvU Woodie Awards. The trio will battle it out against Tokyo Police Club and MGMT for Woodie of the Year, given to the artist that made the biggest splash on the college music scene. Fan voting will determine the winners, with the ceremony to be held at NYC's Roseland Ballroom on November 12th. Other nominees include Gnarls Barkley's "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" and Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" competing for the Best Video Woodie, while the Good Woodie award for charitable contribution features a battle between Eddie Vedder, Mary J. Blige and Ludacris. Kanye West, N.E.R.D. and the Ting Tings will duke it out for the Performing Woodie. Former Woodie winners include Fall Out Boy, the Killers, Gym Class Heroes and Death Cab For Cutie.
Santogold, Lil Wayne, Paramore Score Woodie Nominations
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Alabama Shakes Bring New 'Sound & Color' Tracks to 'SNL'
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else