Santogold, Lil Wayne and Paramore are among the campus favorites nominated this year for mtvU Woodie Awards. The trio will battle it out against Tokyo Police Club and MGMT for Woodie of the Year, given to the artist that made the biggest splash on the college music scene. Fan voting will determine the winners, with the ceremony to be held at NYC's Roseland Ballroom on November 12th. Other nominees include Gnarls Barkley's "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" and Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" competing for the Best Video Woodie, while the Good Woodie award for charitable contribution features a battle between Eddie Vedder, Mary J. Blige and Ludacris. Kanye West, N.E.R.D. and the Ting Tings will duke it out for the Performing Woodie. Former Woodie winners include Fall Out Boy, the Killers, Gym Class Heroes and Death Cab For Cutie.
Santogold, Lil Wayne, Paramore Score Woodie Nominations
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- British Indie Band Viola Beach Killed in Car Accident
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- Watch Kanye West Debut 'Pablo' Tracks, Rap Battle on 'SNL'