Santogold, Lil Wayne and Paramore are among the campus favorites nominated this year for mtvU Woodie Awards. The trio will battle it out against Tokyo Police Club and MGMT for Woodie of the Year, given to the artist that made the biggest splash on the college music scene. Fan voting will determine the winners, with the ceremony to be held at NYC's Roseland Ballroom on November 12th. Other nominees include Gnarls Barkley's "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" and Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" competing for the Best Video Woodie, while the Good Woodie award for charitable contribution features a battle between Eddie Vedder, Mary J. Blige and Ludacris. Kanye West, N.E.R.D. and the Ting Tings will duke it out for the Performing Woodie. Former Woodie winners include Fall Out Boy, the Killers, Gym Class Heroes and Death Cab For Cutie.
Santogold, Lil Wayne, Paramore Score Woodie Nominations
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'
- Bill Kreutzmann on Grateful Dead's LSD-Tinted 'Playboy' Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time