Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year. "We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we're ready to go," Wood tells Rolling Stone. "It's like no time has passed by." Rod Stewart's touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997. "There's a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea," says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set. "We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It's just a matter of getting everyone's availability sometime next year." New studio work might also be in their future. "Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that," says Wood. As far as Wood's other band goes, he says he's "always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven't decided when and where, yet, but I know we will."
Ron Wood Says Faces Reunion Tour Is "Ready to Go"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Finale Recap: Safe No More
- Sinead O'Connor Threatens Suicide in Dire Facebook Post
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Jimmy Page Before Led Zeppelin: 20 Great Sixties Session Songs
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time