In "Rockstar," the multimillionaire Canadians in Nickelback poke fun at the cliched trappings of the excessive rock & roll lifestyle: Playboy playmates, cheap and accessible drugs, hilltop houses and dozens of cars. The song lays out "just crazy, nonsensical things that help paint this picture of someone dreaming about being a rock star," explained frontman Chad Kroeger. "It's what you would also do if you won the lottery. I hope it comes across as us having a lot of fun and, even to some degree, making fun of ourselves." ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons obliges with spoken-word interludes in between the song's verses, and the video includes more than 100 cameos, including Wayne Gretzky, Gene Simmons, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kid Rock and Nelly Furtado.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce's Colorful 'Hymn for the Weekend' Video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover David Bowie at Bernie Sanders Fundraiser
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote