In "Rockstar," the multimillionaire Canadians in Nickelback poke fun at the cliched trappings of the excessive rock & roll lifestyle: Playboy playmates, cheap and accessible drugs, hilltop houses and dozens of cars. The song lays out "just crazy, nonsensical things that help paint this picture of someone dreaming about being a rock star," explained frontman Chad Kroeger. "It's what you would also do if you won the lottery. I hope it comes across as us having a lot of fun and, even to some degree, making fun of ourselves." ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons obliges with spoken-word interludes in between the song's verses, and the video includes more than 100 cameos, including Wayne Gretzky, Gene Simmons, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kid Rock and Nelly Furtado.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- Flashback: Beatles Cover Bob Dylan During 'Let It Be' Sessions