John Hiatt, Jimmy Davis, Sid Selvidge with Jimmy Crosthwait, Amy LaVere, Shannon McNally and North Mississippi Allstars will hit the stage on August 8th at a benefit to raise money for Memphis legend Jim Dickinson. Dickinson — a songwriter, producer and session player who sat in with the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan and helmed albums for the Replacements and Big Star — underwent triple-bypass surgery in June. In an attempt to help defray the cost of his mounting medical bills, the artists are uniting at Memphis' Peabody Hotel Skyway for a very special show. Tickets to the event cost $125, and donations can also be made via the Paypal address FriendsOfJimDickinson@gmail.com.
Rockers Unite to Help Memphis Legend Jim Dickinson With Benefit
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'