Rick Ross has canceled the remaining dates on his Maybach Music Group tour, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The last five shows were scheduled to take place over the next week in Nashville, Memphis, Houston, Detroit and New York.
The rapper had initially canceled two shows in North Carolina after reportedly receiving death threats from the Gangster Disciples gang. On Friday afternoon, his representatives told the website AllHipHop.com that although the beginning of the tour had gone well, the remaining dates had been canceled due to the "apparent lack of organization and communication on the part of the tour promoter."
50 Best Albums of 2012: Rick Ross, 'Rich Forever'
"I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities," Ross told the website. "I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I’m ready to get back in the studio to make good music."
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
-
POLITICS The Shame of Three Strikes Laws
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus
We may use your e-mail address to send you the newsletter and offers that may interest you, on behalf of Rolling Stone and its partners. For more information please read our Privacy Policy.











