Rapper Eminem is officially back in the studio and working on his new album, a label source tells EW.com. Bishop Lamont, another protege of Eminem and Dr. Dre, said, "Em is excited. He's been quiet too long, and he's got a lot to get off his chest." It's been four years since Slim Shady released his last studio album, Encore. In the time since, one of Eminem's closest friends, rapper Proof, was shot and killed, leaving Em emotionally devastated. There were also reports late last year that the 8 Mile star suffered a mild heart attack, thought people close to him said he just had the flu. "He went through what he had to go through, and now he's been able to take all the pain and stress and put it out in his music," Lamont added. No release date for the Marshall Mathers' fifth album has been announced.
Report: Eminem Working on Fifth Album, Label Says
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'
- Inside U2's 'Innocence' Spectacle: A Backstage Q&A With Bono and Edge