Rapper Eminem is officially back in the studio and working on his new album, a label source tells EW.com. Bishop Lamont, another protege of Eminem and Dr. Dre, said, "Em is excited. He's been quiet too long, and he's got a lot to get off his chest." It's been four years since Slim Shady released his last studio album, Encore. In the time since, one of Eminem's closest friends, rapper Proof, was shot and killed, leaving Em emotionally devastated. There were also reports late last year that the 8 Mile star suffered a mild heart attack, thought people close to him said he just had the flu. "He went through what he had to go through, and now he's been able to take all the pain and stress and put it out in his music," Lamont added. No release date for the Marshall Mathers' fifth album has been announced.
Report: Eminem Working on Fifth Album, Label Says
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'
- Kanye West Drops Non-'Pablo' Song '30 Hours,' Adds to Album Track List
- Watch Henry Rollins Recall Terrifying Acid Trip Nightmare
- 15 Great Grammy Tribute Performances