Today marks the sad anniversary of R&B singer Jackie Wilson's death. Check out this amazing footage of Roy Orbison and Del Shannon introducing Wilson on a 1974 Golden Oldies episode of The Midnight Special. Wilson performs his two massive hits "Higher and Higher" and "Lonely Teardrops." Just one year later he was singing the latter song at the Latin Casino in Cherry Hill New Jersey when he collapsed onstage and fell into a coma. He remained in that state until his death on this day in 1984.
Remembering Jackie Wilson on the Anniversary of His Death With 'Higher and Higher' and 'Lonely Teardrops'
Singer would have been 77 today
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Lil Wayne Sues Cash Money for $51 Million
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Jason Hall: Why I Wrote 'American Sniper'
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'