Today marks the sad anniversary of R&B singer Jackie Wilson's death. Check out this amazing footage of Roy Orbison and Del Shannon introducing Wilson on a 1974 Golden Oldies episode of The Midnight Special. Wilson performs his two massive hits "Higher and Higher" and "Lonely Teardrops." Just one year later he was singing the latter song at the Latin Casino in Cherry Hill New Jersey when he collapsed onstage and fell into a coma. He remained in that state until his death on this day in 1984.
Remembering Jackie Wilson on the Anniversary of His Death With 'Higher and Higher' and 'Lonely Teardrops'
Singer would have been 77 today
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Children of ISIS
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Sex and Death on the Road to Nirvana
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- George Carlin's Website Relaunched With Rare Recordings
- A Rape on Campus: A Brutal Assault and Struggle for Justice at UVA