Today marks the sad anniversary of R&B singer Jackie Wilson's death. Check out this amazing footage of Roy Orbison and Del Shannon introducing Wilson on a 1974 Golden Oldies episode of The Midnight Special. Wilson performs his two massive hits "Higher and Higher" and "Lonely Teardrops." Just one year later he was singing the latter song at the Latin Casino in Cherry Hill New Jersey when he collapsed onstage and fell into a coma. He remained in that state until his death on this day in 1984.
Remembering Jackie Wilson on the Anniversary of His Death With 'Higher and Higher' and 'Lonely Teardrops'
Singer would have been 77 today
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill, Brings Out Kanye, Pharrell at OVO Festival Set
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video