Today marks the sad anniversary of R&B singer Jackie Wilson's death. Check out this amazing footage of Roy Orbison and Del Shannon introducing Wilson on a 1974 Golden Oldies episode of The Midnight Special. Wilson performs his two massive hits "Higher and Higher" and "Lonely Teardrops." Just one year later he was singing the latter song at the Latin Casino in Cherry Hill New Jersey when he collapsed onstage and fell into a coma. He remained in that state until his death on this day in 1984.
Remembering Jackie Wilson on the Anniversary of His Death With 'Higher and Higher' and 'Lonely Teardrops'
Singer would have been 77 today
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover David Bowie at Bernie Sanders Fundraiser
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Erin Brockovich Blames 'Corrupt Politics and F--king Greed' for Water Crisis
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote