When Toby Keith first heard this song, conceived two years earlier by songwriter Jim Beavers, he said, "That is the dumbest thing I've heard in my life." A song about plastic cups. Yet, not just any plastic cups, Beavers said — red Solo brand cups. "Everywhere I went, at football games and parties, I saw people using them," he said. "It struck me it could be a song, and I wrote down the title." Keith initially laughed off the novelty song, but the melody stuck in his head. So he decided to record it. The video — with its numerous cameos by showbiz and sports figures — went viral.
Red Solo Cup
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- See Aimee Osbourne Live Out Nightmare in New Video