When Toby Keith first heard this song, conceived two years earlier by songwriter Jim Beavers, he said, "That is the dumbest thing I've heard in my life." A song about plastic cups. Yet, not just any plastic cups, Beavers said — red Solo brand cups. "Everywhere I went, at football games and parties, I saw people using them," he said. "It struck me it could be a song, and I wrote down the title." Keith initially laughed off the novelty song, but the melody stuck in his head. So he decided to record it. The video — with its numerous cameos by showbiz and sports figures — went viral.
Red Solo Cup
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Jimmy Page on 'Coda,' Led Zep's Indian Sojourn and His Next Big Project
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?