The opening lyrics, "If the business men drink my blood/Like the kids in art school said they would/Then I guess I'll begin again" manifested from singer/co-writer Win Butler's academic days. "For me, the feeling of "Ready to Start" came from going to art school and meeting a lot of people who had really defined political ideas and rules about art," he said. "But I just wanted to make something in the world and worry about the rest of it later and not get too caught up in rules." Butler's unconventional approach led to a Grammy nomination for the song.
Ready to Start
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails