Washington D.C.-area rockers RDGLDGRN know the legacy of their city's indie scene, and for their new track "I Love Lamp," the trio recruited local hero Dave Grohl, who grew up in nearby Northern Virginia. Taking the title from Steve Carell's memorable line as Brick Tamland in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, the group pounds away with high-flying guitar textures over Grohl's barreling drum work. "I Love Lamp" suggests silliness, but the song is an honest take on losing out on love. "She said, 'I don't ever want to see you again,'" the bands sings on the deceptively radiant song. "I Love Lamp" is on RDGLDGRN's debut EP, RDGLDGRN, which is due February 12th.
RDGLDGRN Recruit Dave Grohl for 'I Love Lamp' – Song Premiere
Washington D.C.-area band nods at city's indie legacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Watch John Oliver Slam Fashion Industry's Child Labor Practices
- The Force Awakens: 'Star Wars' Superfan Chris Conley Goes to the NFL Draft
- Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Honor Folk Great Lead Belly