Washington D.C.-area rockers RDGLDGRN know the legacy of their city's indie scene, and for their new track "I Love Lamp," the trio recruited local hero Dave Grohl, who grew up in nearby Northern Virginia. Taking the title from Steve Carell's memorable line as Brick Tamland in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, the group pounds away with high-flying guitar textures over Grohl's barreling drum work. "I Love Lamp" suggests silliness, but the song is an honest take on losing out on love. "She said, 'I don't ever want to see you again,'" the bands sings on the deceptively radiant song. "I Love Lamp" is on RDGLDGRN's debut EP, RDGLDGRN, which is due February 12th.
RDGLDGRN Recruit Dave Grohl for 'I Love Lamp' – Song Premiere
Washington D.C.-area band nods at city's indie legacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Jimmy Page on 'Coda,' Led Zep's Indian Sojourn and His Next Big Project
- Flashback: Jimmy Page Forms Short-Lived Supergroup With Members of Yes