Washington D.C.-area rockers RDGLDGRN know the legacy of their city's indie scene, and for their new track "I Love Lamp," the trio recruited local hero Dave Grohl, who grew up in nearby Northern Virginia. Taking the title from Steve Carell's memorable line as Brick Tamland in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, the group pounds away with high-flying guitar textures over Grohl's barreling drum work. "I Love Lamp" suggests silliness, but the song is an honest take on losing out on love. "She said, 'I don't ever want to see you again,'" the bands sings on the deceptively radiant song. "I Love Lamp" is on RDGLDGRN's debut EP, RDGLDGRN, which is due February 12th.
RDGLDGRN Recruit Dave Grohl for 'I Love Lamp' – Song Premiere
Washington D.C.-area band nods at city's indie legacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- 'Goonies' Director Plots 'Immersive Theater' Adaptation
- See Sara Evans, REO Speedwagon Collide on 'Ridin' the Storm Out'