Washington D.C.-area rockers RDGLDGRN know the legacy of their city's indie scene, and for their new track "I Love Lamp," the trio recruited local hero Dave Grohl, who grew up in nearby Northern Virginia. Taking the title from Steve Carell's memorable line as Brick Tamland in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, the group pounds away with high-flying guitar textures over Grohl's barreling drum work. "I Love Lamp" suggests silliness, but the song is an honest take on losing out on love. "She said, 'I don't ever want to see you again,'" the bands sings on the deceptively radiant song. "I Love Lamp" is on RDGLDGRN's debut EP, RDGLDGRN, which is due February 12th.
RDGLDGRN Recruit Dave Grohl for 'I Love Lamp' – Song Premiere
Washington D.C.-area band nods at city's indie legacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- New Sam Smith Bond Theme Video Reveals 'Spectre' Footage
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season Finale Recap: Bite Me
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time