Washington D.C.-area rockers RDGLDGRN know the legacy of their city's indie scene, and for their new track "I Love Lamp," the trio recruited local hero Dave Grohl, who grew up in nearby Northern Virginia. Taking the title from Steve Carell's memorable line as Brick Tamland in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, the group pounds away with high-flying guitar textures over Grohl's barreling drum work. "I Love Lamp" suggests silliness, but the song is an honest take on losing out on love. "She said, 'I don't ever want to see you again,'" the bands sings on the deceptively radiant song. "I Love Lamp" is on RDGLDGRN's debut EP, RDGLDGRN, which is due February 12th.
RDGLDGRN Recruit Dave Grohl for 'I Love Lamp' – Song Premiere
Washington D.C.-area band nods at city's indie legacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A