A compilation of rare songs by the Smiths, simply called Rare, has popped up on digital music services like Amazon and Rhapsody. While it hasn't been determined whether the release is Warner-approved or a bootleg that somehow infiltrated these shops, the compilation does have some interesting, hard-to-find tracks, like "This Charming Man" B sides "Jeane" and "Wonderful Woman" and a studio version of Johnny Marr's instrumental "The Draize." The set is also reportedly available on some countries' iTunes stores, but we couldn't locate it in the U.S. one. Still, hard-core Smiths fans question the validity of this release, as many of the songs are available on other bootlegs, and Rare doesn't seem to have improved sound over those release.
"Rare" Smiths Compilation Appears on Digital Music Services
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best