VH1 will celebrate the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's landmark album Nevermind by televising the never-before-seen concert movie Nirvana: Live at the Paramount on Friday, September 23rd at 11 p.m. ET/PT. The hour-long concert will be simulcast on VH1, VH1 Classic and Palladia.
The show, shot at the Paramount Theater in Seattle on Halloween in 1991, features performances of several songs from Nevermind, including "Breed," "Lithium" and "Polly," plus non-album cuts "Sliver" and "Aneurysm" and a cover of the Vaselines' "Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam."
Nirvana: Live at the Paramount will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 27th. You can get a preview of the footage in the trailer below.
• Inside the 20th-Anniversary Reissue of 'Nevermind'
• The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: Nirvana's 'Nevermind'
• The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time: Nirvana
• The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time: Kurt Cobain
• The 100 Greatest Singers of All Time: Kurt Cobain
• Photos: The Rise of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam and More
• Rolling Stone Readers Pick The Top 10 Albums of the Nineties
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus