Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood has signed on to score The Master, an upcoming film by Paul Thomas Anderson loosely based on the life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. Very little has been revealed about the movie thus far, though Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams have been confirmed as leads.
This will be Greenwood's second collaboration with Anderson. The two previously teamed up for Anderson's There Will Be Blood, which was released back in 2007. Though Greenwood's well-received score for that movie was ineligible for the Academy Award for Original Music Score on a technicality – it included elements from a previous work, Bodysong, and works by Arvo Pärt and Johannes Brahms – it was nominated for a Grammy in the Best Score category in 2008.
• The Greatest Guitarists of All Time: Johnny Greenwood
• Radiohead Reloads for Post-'King Of Limbs' Blitz
• Radiohead's Thom Yorke on the Mystery and Influence of R.E.M.
• Photos: Radiohead's Return to America
• Radiohead's Triumphant, Wiggly Return to the States
• The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time: Radiohead
• The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: Radiohead's 'Kid A'
• Photos: Two Decades of Radiohead
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus