Following last Friday's acquittal of R. Kelly, several jury members spoke to the media to discuss why they dismissed charges against the R&B singer. Contrary to the defense's efforts that Kelly was not in the video because of the missing mole, the jury unanimously agreed that Kelly did in fact star in the sex tape at the center of the trial. However, they didn't believe that the girl in the video was that then-underage girl that prompted child pornography charges against Kelly. The fact that the girl's family was split over whether that was the girl or not, and that the girl herself denied it was her, helped fuel the jury's decision to acquit. The jurors also dismissed claims that they hurried to a verdict because they didn't want to spend Father's Day deliberating. However, the outcome of the trial would have been much different had the three alternate jurors stepped in, as was almost the case. The three alternates believed it was Kelly and the then-underage girl on the sex tape and would have endorsed a guilty verdict.
R. Kelly Trial Aftermath: Jurors Believe Kelly Was on Sex Tape
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Watch Kendrick Lamar Celebrate Compton in 'King Kunta' Video
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Ethan Hawke Perform Bob Dylan Lullabies
- How Courtney Barnett's Thoughts Became 2015's Sharpest Debut
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'